Thursday, August 09, 2018

Catching back up



Good news: I slept much better!
Bad news: My alarm was set for 6:30 instead of 5:30. Whoops! Lol

Oh well, I *DO* feel much more rested. :-)

Yesterday I took a couple of walks and did a half assed elliptical workout at the gym. Half assed is better than no assed, so no complaints there. This morning I took a good walk and am hitting the gym after my 10:30 meeting.

Food was back to normal yesterday. I'm needing to be a bit more "on the fly" than I typically am. We got back at 6 PM Sunday, and I was at work 7:30 Monday morning. No real meal plan or grocery trip has occurred - each day has contained a bit of winging it. Luckily I had some stuff in the freezer and a couple of simple ideas.

This morning I got on the scale - I was up 1.8 pounds from my weigh in prior to vacation. Not bad and I feel 95% back on track - that's a better, quicker post vacation getting back on track than I typically experience and after a night of enough sleep, I'm feeling much less overwhelmed.

Sunday is my great aunt Alma's 99th birthday! The plan for this weekend is to drive halfway to LaGrange Friday night after work, finish driving down Saturday morning, and then head back home Sunday morning. I admit I was getting a bit concerned - my mom doesn't drive after dark and as sleep deprived as I have been, driving later Friday wasn't going to happen. Hopefully another good night of rest and I will be up to making the drive tomorrow.

T has his summer opus concert in the park Sunday which I will miss, but he totally understands. Mom is doing some organizing, prioritizing, and packing today with the intent to head to Wilmington Tuesday to begin the moving in process.  We'll head down in a couple of weeks to take more stuff and help her with some painting. As weird as it sounds, her move has motivated me to take a look around our house and do some painting & reorganizing as well!

Take care.

No comments: