Monday, August 13, 2018

Road trip!


I have always loved a good road trip. I got the travel bug on both sides of my family, but ever since I got my first car at 20, I've always loved jumping in and going.

Having said that, 3 weekends in a row of multi-state trips is a bit much! After driving across the entirety of Georgia on I-85 yesterday morning (roughly 180 miles), my butt was sore and I was DONE. T called and asked what we were doing next weekend and I quipped "Nothing involving shoes or a car!"

Nevertheless, it was a really good weekend. Alma was feeling good and went out with us for a nice lunch. We took over a cake at supper and all the residents thoroughly enjoyed it, plus there was enough for everyone to have it again for dessert the next day. We stopped by for a short visit Sunday morning before heading back home. It was her 99th birthday and I am so grateful we could be there with her.

On a sadder note, my grandpuppy Lucky passed away in the night. He was having good and bad days and not eating too well, but still managed to wag his tail and be himself. He was a sweet boy and will be missed.


Have a good week.

No comments: