Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Volume training with the kettlebell


In addition to the elliptical, I also did a kettlebell workout yesterday. I know there have been a handful of workout DVDs that use a kettlebell, and my Y even has a class that uses them, but my workouts are a bit different. The vast majority of my kettlebell workouts are "high volume". My workout yesterday was 25 minutes long and consisted of variations of 1 hand and 2 hand kettlebell swings. I used a 15 pound bell and in 25 minutes I completed 500 swings. That's a lot of swings! I love my kettlebell workouts. I can get in a fantastic workout in a relatively short amount of time, virtually anywhere, and with literally one piece of equipment. That's hard to beat!

Sometime last week I mentioned I was close to hitting another weight loss goal. This morning I did: 35.6 pounds gone this year! I was concerned about getting back in the groove after vacation, but instead I feel like the break has really given me a second wind! I'm ready to go into the second half of the year as strong as I was in the first.

Take care & I hope you make it a great day!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on hitting another goal! I always struggle after a break, so it's impressive you are in your groove and doing so great. Keep it up!

neca said...

Thanks!