Monday, August 27, 2018

Nice weekend


I wasn't looking forward to the time in the car, but we had a great time at mom's. I love her new house! We painted the dining room, entryway, and front door. The door is no longer black, it's now  a lovely beach-y aqua! It looks so happy from the front now. :-)

We also made time to eat some seafood and take a nice long walk on the beach - watching to moon come out over the ocean. It was really, really nice.

The drive home felt long, but the dogs were troopers - I think they were worn out from exploring a new yard! Lol We got home and did shopping, laundry, and general getting ready for the work week. Today the kids are back at school and T is a bit nervous about this year. He's in a new role and isn't quite comfortable for a number of reasons. I hope his day goes well. I got up extra early to make sure we had plenty of time to get out the door - I didn't want him to feel rushed.

This weekend we have a couple of projects to work on around our house that are very exciting - like organizing our books! I know, sad! Ha ha. But seriously, we put them up on shelves without a lot of thought and trying to find anything can be very frustrating. In short, a quiet but hopefully productive long weekend at home.

Have a good day!

No comments: