Friday, August 17, 2018

Never lie to the blog


There is a Dean Koontz novel where one of the main characters (a guy) has a dog. His philosophy is "never lie to the dog." My weight journaling equivalent is "never lie to the blog. Or the weight tracker."

Yesterday was one of those "really bad, no good, utterly rotten" days. Nothing major, just a series of stressors: the meeting went even worse than I expected (and I expect it to go badly), something on the website was broken for a major client so they were upset (we got it fixed quickly, but still), I hit some button on my phone and couldn't figure out how to reset it, I was overwhelmed with PayPal requests from my volunteer role that eat a lot of time, and of course a car accident pushed my evening commute over the 90 minute mark.I had to pee, so I stopped at a convenience store. And bought a beer. And then later sent the hub out for a second one. And got into some crappy frozen egg rolls that Jan left at my house. I was up 1.2 pounds from yesterday. Gah!

Having said that: I am still down 2.8 pounds for the week (YES!!!), I didn't finish the second beer, and I threw those cheap crappy egg rolls in the trash. Today did not start off great, but I fully intend to make it a better day! Go me!

Nothing big planned this weekend other than operation "continue to reclaim my house".

Take care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes your recovery plan is more important than the event itself - sounds like you're in the groove today! Have a great weekend! -Beth

neca said...

Thanks Beth - you too!