Tuesday, October 11, 2005

One Year of Love

I was driving in to work this morning listening to the CD "A Kind of Magic" by Queen (the soundtrack for the movie "Highlander" btw). I recalled reading that Seal sang the song "One Year of Love" from the soundtrack at Freddy Mercury's funeral. Somehow that little fact reminded me that famous people are human too. I love that song. I love that movie. "Highlander" and "Blade Runner" are probably my 2 favorite movies of all time.

Oh, have I mentioned yet that I am a goddess? I ate most excellent food yesterday, in reasonable portions. Which always makes me feel great. I walked for 30 minutes at lunch. My lunch buddy is back from vacation, so I even had company. :-) After work, I stopped in my son's school and walked on the indoor track for 55 minutes. That's a lot of laps, so for a while I ducked in the "ab alcove" and did 10 crunches on the ball each time I passed that little alcove. I did 70 crunches, and it broke up the laps. Then I picked him up, dropped him at tae kwon do, and headed for the gym to lift weights.

Weight workout was hard! and felt terrific. I have noticed there is apparently an invisible line in the gym - the front half contains the cybex and cardio machines. The back half contains the free weights and hammer strength machines. I think there's a rule that says you must have a penis to cross the line, but no one told me and now they are too embarressed to mention the fact. It's the only reason I can figure that I've never seen another woman using the free weights. Also, I like the guy Paul that works there. Anybody that tunes the radio to a station that plays Kiss and the Scorpions is okay in my book, even if he looks like a pretty boy body builder.

Off to an all day class - pray that I stay awake!

1 comment:

m said...

I agree about that invisible line! I never use free weights. (even though they are better than machines) I feel like I would like an ass trying to figure the "right" way to do it. The girls that work out there in my gym are very muscular. I would feel like a hog next to them.