Thursday, March 08, 2007

Doing better, just please don’t make me get on the scale!

My stress levels continue to go down, I’m not sure my weight is following yet. Exercise is still elusive, but “snackin’ time!” is on the decline. I have to confess, I dread climbing on the scale tomorrow. I know I will want to beat myself up over such stupidity. But I have been avoiding it in fear for how many weeks now? If I want this to end, I need to know the damage. That way I can face it & move on.

This week my focus has been on finishing things up I have been dreading (I did our taxes for example), getting the new dogs settled, and that’s about all I’ve had time for. The boy’s friend came over again last night – he stayed for supper but did go home at bedtime. I made the boys walk Butchie and Chyna, so that was nice. I still haven’t had a chance this week to soak in a tub. I need it.

I am picking the boy up from school today and we are going to go home and do some housework, then schoolwork, then its time for supper and tae kwon do. But I’ll be going into the weekend with a house that isn’t a disaster. I also want to plan meals for the weekend (as opposed to grabbing whatever strikes my fancy). We aren’t doing anything other than putzing around the house, but it’s easier if healthy foods are available and planned in advance.

We are painting the bathroom – we aren’t huge fans of wallpaper to begin with, and I think that when you are planning to sell a house in the future, plain walls are a better option. We are painting it kind of a mustard color (I know!), the cabinet gloss black, (bear with me!), and the countertop is going to be slate tile. It has a tan tile floor now. We are going with an asian sort of design. We have some great accessories. I’ve seen asian designs use mustard and black and look really nice. Now, when we sell the house I will probably re-paint the walls a pale blue, but the asian will stay and it will look very tranquil. The boy picked the wall color. The walls are largely painted, we just have to touch up paint in places where the walls needed to be re-mudded and sanded.

My goals:
Get to the gym Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Have one “free” meal this weekend. One.
There are 2 beers in the fridge – one for me, one for hub. Not buy any more this weekend.

For better or scarier, I will post a weight update on the sidebar tomorrow. (Cue the funeral march....)

No comments: