A rainshower of petals
I am so stressed out, tired, and generally used up it isn’t funny. I am feeling critical and defensive about everything. Not good. Luckily I have half of today left and tomorrow and I’m out of here. I need to make a list of what I need to do/buy/pack before we go. I hate going down to the wire with the organization, but I’ve just been too tired to do any better.
Last night after running errands, fixing supper, etc, the boys went off to buy paintball stuff. I laced up my shoes and went for a walk. Just a walk – bouncy music, but no intervals or timing. I walked 2 miles. I looked at flowers, smelled the mown grass, admired the sky. A storm was moving in and it turned cool and windy. The strong wind blew the petals off the blooming Bartlett pear trees, creating a shower of petals. Lovely. Now, Bartlett pear trees in bloom smell like rotting something (stronger than fruit, but milder than meat – rotting vegetables maybe?), but I didn’t even care. I went home, opened the French doors, and enjoyed the breeze. May I return from vacation feeling as fresh as that breeze.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Have a restfull, reviving trip. I envy you the smell of fresh mown grass.
I hope your vacation does leave you feeling as fresh as a breeze!! It'll all get better -- just get through now.
Ditto, have a great vacation!
Post a Comment