Monday, March 12, 2007

Sleep, Interrupted

Monday already – amazing. My weekend was pretty nice! Here’s a list of thoughts, in no particular order.

1. Dog Land. Maya is the hub’s dog, Chyna is my dog. Chyna is doing pretty good, except for the fact that she will occasionally pee. I don’t know if she just doesn’t know how to ask to go out, or if it is intentional, but we’re working on it. Maya is going to have a steeper learning curve. For one, she thinks that she belongs on furniture. Uh, no. Both Friday and Saturday she decided to sleep in our room, right on the floor beside hub, on his clothes. That isn’t bad – but when he got up in the night to pee, she then jumped in the bed (onto Bess), terrorizing Bess, wreaking havoc, and waking the whole house up. Last night we put up the baby gate so she had to sleep in the living room. Sorry girl, but the mommy needs her sleep. And so does the daddy.

2. Food. I made some deals with myself. I knew that if I did my usual freak out about my weight that disaster would ensue. So, we didn’t go out to eat this weekend (amazing). I bought sushi at Costco for dinner Friday night (which I think is going to become a Friday ritual), and Saturday and Sunday we grilled out. I did do some snacking Friday and Saturday nights, but I limited myself to stuff at the house (popcorn, some lowfat chicken eggrolls in the freezer that I baked) – not good, but much better. The rest of my eating was good, and Sunday afternoon, which is a danger zone (tired, wanting to reward myself), we went to a movie. We split a medium popcorn (no butter), so that minimized the potential damage. Good progress!

3. Exercise. I logged 4 miles on the sneakers this weekend, and another 2 this morning. I may focus on bodyweight exercises for my weight training for a bit. I dunno. Because of the hub’s working out of town, getting to the gym may be difficult. I think I will set up a routine to keep in my back pocket. I finally loaded my first “Cardio Coach” cd on the MP3 player. Love it!

4. “300”. I have 2 or 3 sets of premium movie passes (they can be used for new releases). Since I figured by Sunday afternoon we would both be tired and want a break, we agreed that Sunday afternoon we would hit the movies. My husband was dying to go see “300”, so we did. First off, I am obviously spoiled by living in a small town with a theater that actually has reasonable prices. Four dollars for a medium Coke. Crazy! I’m glad we got in free at least! We both really enjoyed the movie. I was afraid that with all the CGI that it would feel more like a video game than a movie. And yes, at times it did. But I also thought it was really good. The notion that the Spartans were fighting for freedom is taking a pretty generous license with history though!

5. The bathroom remodel. The bathroom is coming along very well. The walls are painted, the cabinet is painted, the new light is installed, the tile is down on the countertop and surround (hub is grouting it today). We priced a new tub – we have decided to go ahead & replace the sink and toilet with new white ones, to be followed by a new white tub and tiling the floor to match the counter. I have all the accessories bought except a new shower curtain. I can’t wait to post pictures!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Glad you're getting back on track.