The truth is out there (in the sidebar)
So, I’ve gained 4 pounds. On the one hand I feel dreadful – huge, guilty, unattractive. On the other hand, I’m thinking “2 weeks of hard work and its gone girl!” I guess I’m glad to know, now I can just get to work for the 5 bazillionth time. The gym bag is in the car – enough said until I can talk about some progress!
Chyna has a nickname “My little pony.” For one, this is my dog. When hub calls her in or tells her to go outside, she tosses her mane and gallops away calling “Girl Power!” over her shoulder. Also, she prances like one of those horses (Leipzigs?) – with her long nose and flowing hair, the nickname fits.
Maya is a sweetie and seems to be recovering nicely from her surgery. She’s a good girl and loves to go outside. She has a bad habit of jumping up to see what is up on counters though. Given that she is currently confined to the kitchen & dining room, this means she is frequently caught checking out counters, dirty dishes in the sink, and the stove top. I have one of those flat glass stove tops, I’m afraid she’s going to burn her paw. When I give her a cookie, she tries to take half my hand. When hub offers her a cookie, she is a sweetheart. She loves us all, but she likes her men folk.
Butchie seems to be doing okay. He closely guards his toys – the other day when I handed out cookies he took his without dropping his toy. Chyna seems to like toys too, so I’m either going to have to keep a bunch or none. But he likes a woman to boss him about, so I think he’s gonna be fine.
Bess is just angry and bitter. She sulks on her sofa until hub grabs her up to snuggle with him. In the morning, she doesn’t want to get out of bed – it’s her retreat from the world. As I told my husband “the dog thy dog is a jealous dog.”
Yesterday was such a long day. I had to be at work at 6 am so I could leave in time to pick the boy up from school. I got up at 5, packed lunches & got ready, worked all day, picked him up, went home and we both worked on chores, took a short break then fixed supper, cleaned up from supper, and took him to tae kwon do. At 8 pm when it was time to help him study for his health test, I just broke down in tears from sheer exhaustion. I sat down, had a snack, watched a little tv, and went to bed. The good news is the snack was a fairly good choice and I was truly hungry, so it wasn’t out of control.
I am looking forward to a fairly quiet weekend. The weather looks to be pretty good, the boy is going to camp grandpa, and I will have a new bathroom!
Have a good one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The dogs sound like they going to be a lot of fun. Have a good weekend and best of the best getting back on track!
Post a Comment