Time sprang forward, but I’m still catching up
I love daylight savings time – the whole longer evenings concept is awesome. What I don’t like is trying to get my body adjusted! It has been a real struggle to get out of bed at 5 am the past couple of days. Hub and I both had to get up this morning since he needed to leave the house at 6. Yikes! But he got up and I got up and hit the pavement.
My cardio coach CD is an interval workout as follows: warm-up, steady state effort, a challenge of 3 20 second sprints with 40 second rests, a short recovery, then a challenge of 1 minute sprints with 1 minute recovery between, a longer steady state break to recover, then a full 3 minutes of hard effort, followed by cool down. Obviously my speed isn’t the same, but the nice thing is that with the focus on perceived exertion, that works just fine. That last 3 minutes coincides with the steepest hill, followed by 2 staightaways, then home. I ran all the sprints, but couldn’t do the full 3 minutes because running up that hill wiped me out. But I did manage to sprint that final 20 seconds. It was a pleasant 43 and clear. I felt awesome!
Food was fine last night, although there was a lack of veggies at dinner. I made shredded elk in the crock pot for “build your on burrito”. I had fat free refried beans, homemade Mexican rice, salsa. I meant to put out salad and was just so pooped I forgot. Oops! It was really good, and actually I didn’t even have a snack after because I was satisfied. Tonight is more veggie-centric: homemade shrimp gumbo, along with a salad!
I dunno what I’ll see on the scale, but I am feeling a lot better.
Now to get that whole weights thing going again. Luckily my mom gets back from Florida tonight – I may get some gym time this week yet!
How are you????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm doing great. A little behind in my workouts thanks to last night's surprise snowfall. Food wise the new program is going well and I'm finally losing weight.
I wish the powers that be would just leave it on daylight savings time. I hate having to switch.
Post a Comment