Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pulling out of the face plant

I've been firmly face planted in food since Thursday.  Friday the scale hadn't budged, Saturday I didn't get on it, and this morning it was up 2.6 pounds.  More than that, I feel like crap.

So there's that.

Yeah.  Well I got up this morning and decided enough is enough.  I prepped my food for the week, ate healthy meals, and drove to Raleigh for my private lesson with a kettlebell instructor.  I really liked him and the lesson was great!

It's so easy to slide back into it when you are vulnerable.  I realized that while I had good intentions with my 30 in 30 yoga challenge, I was placing a huge amount of pressure on myself to go from no yoga to that.  And I have really been wanting to go to the Tuesday get together where people work on craft projects.  And I miss the Y.

So I decided to take a step back.  I'm committed to yoga 3-4 days a week, but I need to mix some other stuff in - including one night that's a quick elliptical session so I can go and get my craft on!  I need a creative outlet, and I need social interaction outside of work.

I'm not perfect, but what is the point of this blog if I'm not honest?  I'm human.  It happens.  And sometimes something sounds like a great idea until you get into it and realize it isn't. 

I'm in a much better place tonight than I was this time 3 days ago.

Thanks for listening.  be well.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

I haven't exercised since I got to mom's last week. I justified that I was going to give my ankle a rest...but I really need to get back at it. Hopefully tonight.

sounds like you turned a corner, which of course is great. :)

neca said...

Sometimes I find it very difficult to tease out feelings and root causes, justifying a poor choice v. doing the right thing as far as rest or changing gears. I'm not very in touch with myself! *lol* So sometimes it takes me a while.