Saturday, January 10, 2015

Time Flies

Wow - I had no idea I hadn't posted since Wednesday!  Time flies.

Things are fine - work, coming home & watching tv, relaxing. Thursday evening I worked on the meal plan and grocery list.  Shopping is done so that food prep can start today.

I am up half a pound this week - eh, whatever.  No exercise in 2 weeks, eating what I could swallow and tasted good (canned tomato soup!), etc.  Not a big deal at all.  This is life, there is no expiration or end date.  Well, there is, but not an end to eating or exercising until the actual end! :-O

Today I am having a can of tuna for breakfast and lunch - oh, and a couple of prunes for medicinal purposes.  So hopefully that will help get me back on the path.  

It is so cold here that I can't use the fridge on the outside back patio - the food inside it froze.  If you eat a lot of produce, having two refrigerators is very helpful!  So that's a bummer and another reason I can't wait for it to warm up!

I was thinking about starting my month of yoga tomorrow, but I've changed my mind. The whole point was to find something my husband would enjoy and for us to do it together.  Since he is sick, I decided to wait until he is better and can go with me.  I will start back at the Y tomorrow until he is better.

In a shocking development, my MIL actually signed a will!!!  She tried to back out, but hub actually convinced her to sign it!  Please understand, this isn't greed at all.  She doesn't have any money, and not a lot of possessions.  If she left it all to the Humane Society (or whatever!), that would be fine.  We just wanted her to sign a will so that when she dies, we weren't faced with the my husband and brother having to deal with their abusive stepfather.  She hasn't seen the man in over 20 years, but as her spouse not only would he have gotten everything, but he would have had to settle her affairs.  He lives out of state, so what a horrible situation that would have been!

Family can be great, it can also be hard.  And it's frequently weird. :-) 

I hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Glad the will was handled.

And I smile at you talking about 'no expiration date.' :)

neca said...

Me too. I know people don't like thinking about things like that, but it doesn't make mortality any less of a reality.