Thursday, January 24, 2019
Meat Salad
Good morning. This is my breakfast this week. I jokingly call it "meat salad". Lol
I used Rachel Ray's faux gyro meat recipe (subbing ground turkey) and turned it into burgers. I heated & chopped it up and added it to basically the stuff you would get on a gyro (cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, tsaziki sauce). It is a gyro without the pita. The recipe calls for feta so you've got some good fats from the feta and the greek yogurt, plenty of veg, and lean protein. The veggies hold up well under the sauce so I can prep all of that in advance, which makes getting out of the house in the morning easier. Definitely my kind of breakfast!
Yesterday I went into the disaster that is my guest room and left with a huge pile of clothes to donate. The closet was pretty bare when I finished. I had 2 tubs with clothes that fit (but needed washing) and clothes that don't quite fit yet. The tub with "not yets" is in the closet and the clothes that fit are washed and put away. That was a HUGE accomplishment.
Last night was the group class at the kettlebell gym. This was the workout:
I did all the moves but I did not finish 5 rounds. But we have to start somewhere and showing up is a good place to start!
Yesterday I had my usual couple of cups of coffee and meat salad for breakfast. Lunch was leftovers (sirloin tips with peppers, onions, & mushrooms over brown rice) and dinner was a burger on one slice of sprouted grain bread with roasted vegetables. I had 2 deviled egg halves prior to working out and after supper I was wanting something sweet so I had a few bites of yogurt and a couple of nuts. We had dinner late since it was after we got home from the gym, so evening snack was very small - just those couple of bites to satisfy that sweet tooth. So a second day of snack reduction. I am definitely hungrier when I sit down for a meal, but not miserably so.
Something seems to be helping - the scale is beginning to move down. We'll see what happens when I record my weight at the end of the week.
Have a good day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment