Thursday, January 10, 2019
We prioritize our priorities
I know that statement sounds redundant (or just plain stupid), but how many times have you found yourself telling someone (including yourself!) how important losing weight/ getting fit/ meditating/ doing yoga/ saving the whales/ is to you, BUT.... ?
If something is important to you, you will find the time or money or energy to participate, even if it's at a small scale. If you don't, then probably something that conflicts is MORE important. Maybe you always dreamed of starting your own business but you haven't and when you think about it, you realize that right now a stable income and benefits for your growing family is more important to you. Nothing wrong with that! Just don't tell yourself you can't - you can! But if something else is a higher priority, then figure that out instead of bashing your head against a wall. And then examine if it really is still more important or if you are just in a rut and old habits & patterns are holding you back.
I'm not saying that figuring this stuff out is easy, but if you spend the time on it, I guarantee whatever goal you are pursuing will be a much more straightforward process.
Wednesday was my work at home day. I got up and swam at the Y, I walked the dogs at lunch, and I did a short (20 minute) kettlebell workout in the afternoon. It feels so good to move my body throughout the day in small (20-30 minute) increments.
By the time I was halfway through prepping dinner I was pooped. I was also not feeling terrific and when I thought about it I realized I had seriously under eaten carbs! A few bites of oatmeal and a mini corn muffin and I felt so much better. Crazy. Anyway, I made the bi bim bap bowl and it was yummy but a bit much work for a weeknight dinner. Leftovers are my friend for the next few days - lunches are set. T is responsible for dinner tonight (yay)!
I am of two minds regarding where I am right now: the scale is still up a pound and seems "stuck" at the weight it's been for the past 3 weigh ins. So that is frustrating. OTOH, my clothes are fitting very differently, my food feels good, my exercise feels fantastic and in general I'm sleeping well and feeling great. Maybe my body is just doing some sort of other change/ adjustments and the weight loss will resume shortly? Maybe I'm over analyzing this? I dunno. Tomorrow is my "official" weigh in where I actually record the number, we'll see what happens!
Take care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment