The Fine Line Between Urination and Dehydration
Well, I ran the farthest I’ve ever run in my life this weekend – 15.7 miles. I can’t believe it.
So, the run redux:
First 7 miles were normal, by the 10.5 mark I was a little tired, by the 12-ish mile point, I was beginning to be really tired. At 14 mile mark I wanted to hang a right and walk the 50 yards to my driveway. I turned left to do the last 2 miles. Realizing I was out of liquid (and it was getting hotter and more humid by the second), I cut off a cul de sac and cruised on home. The last 1.7 miles were horrible. But I did it.
I took all the recommendations to heart: more food & water before, used gel at the 7 mile point (my, but that stuff is a special kind of nasty!), and drank and ate quickly after. That peanut butter sandwich was a slice of heaven.
After I collapsed into my chair with water and my sandwich, my hubby comes in and says “I’m taking you out to breakfast. Don’t worry – you can go just like you are.” I busted out laughing and said “I can’t put shoes back on my feet.” That was man speak for “I wanna go out to breakfast so I’ll make it look like I’m treating you.” My response was wife speak for “no”.
Men. On the plus side, he rode his bike and stuck with me quite a bit to help me pass the time. That was great. He’s a sweetie.
Overall the weekend was pretty nice. I worked like a dog Saturday, shopping, cleaning, cooking etc so that I could do nothing after my run Sunday – which is exactly what I did. I napped, bathed, picked up when the mood struck, and watched movies. Very nice.
Today is weight training at the gym. Which reminds me – I had the weirdest dream about lifting weights. I dreamed I was at the Y lifting weights with this guy. He’s someone I see at the gym, but I don’t know him. So it wasn’t really him – just someone that looked like that, if that makes any sense. Anyway, in the dream he is telling me how much progress I’ve made – he’s really dissecting the muscle growth (which is true) and complimenting me on the progress. And I have made loads of progress in the muscle development/ weight training department. Then he looks at me and says “Now you need to love yourself enough to stop over eating and take care of yourself – lose the weight and be the best you you can be.” Wow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a cool dream, Neca! I'm really into dreams; I think they can have a lot of meaning. 15.7 miles is awesome! I don't think I could even run 5 miles, LOL!!! You go!!!
Well Brenda, I couldn't possibly ride 44 miles on a bike! My trainer is trying to get me to ride someof the Tour de Tanglewood training rides with her, but I'm too scared! :-)
Thanks for all the encouragement - it really helps. Posting here keeps me more accoutable.
Post a Comment