Tuesday, July 06, 2004

My Bike has missed me

And I have missed it. I rode my bike twice this week – Saturday and yesterday after the gym. I know I’m not a “serious cyclist”. I have a little cruiser (with a wide seat). But its fun to ride around. Someday I might have enough money to afford a real rode bike (and lessons on how to use the sucker!). In the meantime, I’ll just ride around on my little mongoose, happy to be getting some exercise.

My 7 mile run Sunday was good, and I ran 3 this morning. Mostly it was nice to just hang out with my husband this weekend. We did some serious talking today, but not over the weekend. We just focused on hanging out. I am eating some weird things – but I am eating what sounds good. I am watching my portions though. Like last night, I had spaghetti (1 cup) with anchovies and garlic. This is one of my favorite childhood meals. I’ve eaten it 5 times in the past week. Weird, I know. But if I crave it, then I can have it for dinner. Every night if I want. For the record, I also had leftover grilled veggies, so it wasn’t an unhealthy meal. Giving myself permission to eat has been interesting. The funny thing is, instead of pigging out, I’m feeling more in control than I was before when I was trying to be all strict about my food.

I am going to the dr tomorrow to get the results of my thyroid test. I’m anxious to see what she has to say.

No comments: