This is an update?
Nothing too exciting to post, but I wanted to check in. Tuesday I had my after dinner snack (even though its planned, it still makes me feel guilty). Yesterday eating was good – although I did substitute my mixed nuts at my afternoon snack for Oreos. Oh well. 6 oreos won’t kill me I guess.
I did not go to the gym yesterday (it was leg & shoulder day). Hubby & I went shopping! We are going on vacation in August. I realize, camping (with no electricity, in a tent) for more than a week with 13,000 other people is not “fun” for most people. Especially since during the hottest part of the day, several thousand of those people will be donning medieval style armor to participate in the world’s largest medieval battle re-creation – for 5 of those days. But its our vacation.
Anyway, we needed stuff for camp – table top tikis, new water carriers (they have running water but its too nasty to shower in, let alone drink!), a stand for our camp stove, a new “grill” top to put over the fire. Mmmmm – meat cooked over a fire. I can’t wait!
Have I ever mentioned how I met my husband? We both do medieval battle re-creation. Kinda like civil war re-enactment, but ours is full contact – and we are making the battle up as we go rather than “acting out” a specific scene from history. Complete with armor, costumes, medieval pavilion (think the camp in LOTR without the cool painting). Love it, although I do demand a “real” vacation at least every other year. (For the record, that involves white sandy beaches and foofy girl drinks)!
Just trudging along – headed in the right direction, just moving awfully slow I feel like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I bet you do Kristen. The SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) is a world-wide medieval educational (and recreational) organization. www.sca.org - check it out!
Post a Comment