Take Me Out to the Ball Game
We met my sister & her boyfriend at the baseball game last night. The weather was great – not humid & a nice little breeze, and the tickets were free.
I had a very small dinner, so I could have half a chili dog and half a beer at the game. Other than a couple of my son’s nacho chips, that was it. Last year when we went, I was crabby as heck b/c they were sold out of hot dogs, not to mention miserably hot and muggy! *lol* This year was much better.
Did shoulders and a light leg workout yesterday. On the weeks where my long run is really long, I am going to start scaling back my leg workout. I’ll do a heavier workout on the in between weeks. Sonja was cool with this – she doesn’t really like doing legs the way I do.
Tonight is biceps & triceps. I am really seeing a difference in my arms – they are coming along nicely. I am running 16 miles this Sunday. Have I mentioned that already? Have I mentioned that these long runs are becoming daunting emotionally as well as physically? I am really pushing myself way out of my comfort zone now. I guess that’s why I wanted to do this thing in the first place.
Sometimes when I get down about my still poochy belly (which feels like its even poochier than normal as of late) or my jean size, I remind myself how much I’ve done – the bench press competition, the triathlon, running the longest distance I’ve ever run in my life.
Did I mention there is a local kid’s triathlon series local to me? My son is going to become a triathlete in his own right this summer. Sharing an enthusiasm for competition, watching him get excited about this stuff – that almost means more to me than any of the stuff I’ve done on my own. I’m so proud of him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment