Wednesday, February 09, 2005

A little more

So, I have time to breathe – but just for a minute.

The weekend was good but weird. I finally unwound a little bit. The run was good, and just sitting around was good too. That’s something I rarely do, and I think I needed it!

I am going to go back to weighing every Friday – every 2 weeks isn’t often enough to keep me on the straight & narrow.

The running is going pretty good. I do need to up my weekday intensity, but I am on track with marathon training. I ran 9 miles this past weekend. I have a 10 mile run planned for this weekend. I have begun using that “goo” to keep me fueled during my runs. That mess is nasty!

It was so awesome to be able to run in shorts & t-shirt this weekend. That taste of spring was (hopefully) enough to keep me going till we get the real thing!

Next week my son has winter break and is going to his grandpa’s for the week. So no after work activities, other than running some much needed errands and hitting the gym. Hopefully I won’t go mental and lay around every evening, drinking beer and eating Chef Boyardee and Little Debbie cakes for dinner. Sometimes I can run amok without supervision. Is that sad or what?

As happened last year when my runs got up into the longer distances, I find myself in this whole “eat to run or run to eat” situation. I don’t fuel properly for running, then justify my crap by the fact that I ran for 4 hours. Can I just blame this part weekend on the Superbowl and move on?

Speaking of which, what was your favorite commercial? I loved the diet Pepsi commercial with Carson that was reminiscent of the opening of “Saturday Night Fever.” Clever. And then followed by the dumbest commercial of the game – that godaddy.com crap. How dumb was that? I tivo-ed the game so I could replay the commercials.

While I was home sick yesterday, Sci-Fi channel showed a marathon of “Buck Roger’s in the 25th Century”. My son is hooked. I wish I looked like that in spandex. Just saying.

No comments: