The Good, the Bad, the Weigh In
Since I won’t be at work tomorrow, I weighed a day early. Down 3 pounds – hurray! I knew a lot of last week was bloat, but that’s pretty good! There goes 3 of the 5 pounds I gained in April.
The down side is I am firmly stuck again seemingly, although as a slightly lower number. Today I was 152.5 – my new home it seems. I am determined to see the 140s! I went home last night & re-read key sections of my Fat Flush book so I could be ready for next week. I meant to take a walk as well since I missed it at lunch but didn’t manage to do that. I did walk in the morning though, as well as lifted weights last night.
I would post what I did in the weight room, but I didn’t bring my log with me. It was heavy on the leg exercises. Actually, this whole plan places more emphasis on legs than I normally did. That’s not a bad thing, but I’m not sure I feel like there’s enough upper body. While I am on the 3 day a week program, I may add push-ups to failure at the end of one day and inverted rows to failure on another. Gotta keep that upper body buff, doncha know? Seriously, my upper body looks pretty good – you can tell it would be really good if I would lean out a little (working on it!).
The Fat Flush isn't too difficult to follow really - it basically means eliminating starchy carbs, sugar, alcohol, caffeine. Lot of lean meats, veggies (all you want) and 2 fruits a day. Plus eggs & protein powder are "legal" also. That's the basics of the food plan. I think I'll feel better after following that for a couple of weeks.
Are you guys doing anything special for Mother's Day? My mom & MIL are coming over for dinner Sun My mom is bringing the shrimp (already cooked & peeled) and dessert. My MIL is bringing her appetite. Ha ha ha. I have small gifts for both of them. Considering MIL didn't remember my b-day (she said "sorry I forgot" but never even sent a belated card), I think I am being very generous. Please feel free to nominate me for sainthood. :-)
On the down side I am going to my brother's wedding. I'm sure most of the guests are the bride's parent's friends so I won’t know many people. And of course my evil dad will be there sucking up the air & life force of others. Icky-poo! But I am going for my brother. Dad's mom isn't bothering to show. God that half of my family sucks my emotional well-being away.
Done with that negativity. Here’s a suggestion, and not just because it’s Mother’s Day. Take time this weekend to tell a kid you are proud of them. Maybe for something they did at school, maybe for being generous. Whatever. There’s my challenge for the weekend. I don’t think we can give our children too many sincere compliments. If it’s sincere, they will know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Whatever you guys do, I hope it's great Chris!
Post a Comment