Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Like Brussel Sprouts and Cottage Cheese, I keep trying to Like Yoga

Last night in the weight room, Linda (the woman I helped last week) was there again. She invited me to the 7:45 yoga class, and I agreed since I was nearly done lifting anyway.

I know yoga is good for my body. I really like the new age music and atmosphere. But I just can’t seem to enjoy it, no matter how great the teacher. Unlike cottage cheese, I guess I’ll keep trying. After all, I learned to like oatmeal, didn’t I?

Stuck to plan with the food yesterday. Exercise was pretty good: 2 mile run in morning, 30 minute walk at lunch, lifted weights, went to yoga. How much exercise is enough? I don’t feel like I do enough. Enough for what? I think I’m pretty healthy. I guess I’d like to be more fit. I plan to start riding my bike to the gym when the boy is out of school. His last day is next Friday – can’t wait! I think he can’t wait either. :-)

I managed to get my lunches prepared for the week, and dinner is in the crockpot. I even loaded the dishwasher & ran it before we left this morning. Tonight my plan is to do a few chores (cooking for a friend, a little housework) and take a walk. I will also walk at lunch today. Is that enough exercise? I wonder…

No comments: