Steppin’ Out
So, here is the walk report: Total steps in 24 hours: 17,957. I put the pedometer on at 8 am yesterday – when I left work I had about 6,000 steps. Clearly all that water drinking means a lot of potty trips! And I’m obviously pretty fidgety. I didn’t take my normal walk at lunch due to the appt. When I went to bed I was at 11,000. That was with no “intentional” exercise. This morning I got up and walked 2 miles. For me, 1 mile was 2300 steps – according to the Mayo clinic book about 2000 steps is a mile (I’m short so my stride is smaller). Anyway, these are pretty simple pedometers – they only count steps. And I don’t know how sensitive (or accurate) they are, since they handed them out and everyone that participated gets to keep the pedometer. The top 3 steppers get a Mayo clinic book and a digital scale. I really don’t want to scale!
Calories were a little low yesterday (1415 or so) – we ate tv dinners last night (how sad is that?). The boy was tired when I picked him up from school and didn’t want to go to tae kwon do. It kinda worked out – tonight is his last night at the reading tutor (he’s been going twice a week for 18 months). He wanted to make her some homemade soap (a project we do each year at Christmas). So we went & got stuff to make soap, a nice lily plant for her, and a couple of pair of shoes for him with a Kohl’s coupon I had. Then we went home & he made the soap while I cleaned the kitchen. I was so tired I fell asleep while he was taking a bath. I asked him if we could go to bed early, and we both headed off at 9. So maybe it worked out okay that I didn’t hit the gym. I was pretty pooped myself! Oh well, move on.
This afternoon is our department “fun day” at a local park. Lunch is Kentucky Fried Chicken – I can easily pull the skin off the actual chicken, but I need to check out their web site and pick out a couple of side dishes that will be good choices. Their potatoes taste like wallpaper paste and their biscuits are greasy, so being good won’t be too difficult as long as I can pass on dessert.
Tomorrow I am taking half a day to go to my son’s Field Day at school. Then it’s off to the gym, clean the house, and have supper & wait for hubby to get home. He’s been working out of town this week, so I’m hoping to have the house all clean & ready for the weekend when he gets there.
I’m curious to see what the scale has to tell me tomorrow. I feel good, although I don’t think I ate enough yesterday, which would explain why I was so tired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment