Wednesday, May 25, 2005

This is What I Do

The alarm went off at 5, and I hit the snooze once (I always do). I rolled out of bed at 5:09 and by 5:12 I was standing in the kitchen having some water before I went to run. I was having a pretty cool dream, but never even considered staying in bed. I got up, because that is what I do.

I ran for 2 miles this morning – it was really nice out. A little cool (48 I think), but nice. Last night we walked one of the dogs (we can’t handle all at once!). So 2 walks yesterday. Today is run and lifting weights. I have an appointment at lunch, so no walk then.

Food was good yesterday. I realized that I was out of O’Douls and was too tired to go out for any. So I didn’t have that treat option. Also, dinner was a disappointment. It was a new crockpot recipe, and it didn’t make the cut. So I really wanted something yummy after dinner because I was feeling deprived. I had one Hershey’s dark nugget with almonds (one has 55 calories. Good lord!) and a graham cracker (65 calories). I probably should have had a glass of milk (it would have been healthier). I will stop by the grocery on the way home. I did have a diet tonic water with lime which is so yummy, so that was nice.

For the curious, here’s what I ate yesterday. This is fairly typical for a weekday:

Breakfast: egg burrito with lowfat cheese and salsa: 235
Snack: 1 lf string cheese & carrots : 85
Lunch: homemade spaghetti & meatballs w/ veggies: 400
Snack: homemade French onion soup &
A slice of bread (no cheese) : 100
Snack: ½ a grapefruit & a lf string cheese: 88
Dinner, soup, roll & salad : 375
Snack: 1 piece chocolate & a graham cracker : 120
Total 1403

The day before was 1545, so I do bounce around a bit. I don’t write my food down on the weekend, but I aim to “eat consciously.” So far it seems to be working.

I made a chicken pot pie for the tutor, who had surgery yesterday. We’re going to drop by on Friday. Being a good southerner, I am taking a pot pie, container of soup (frozen) and a breakfast casserole. I was really tired last night, but I was glad to get that done.

I am trying to live in the moment. I can be pretty critical of people (especially myself). I’m pretty good at not being that way with my son. I grew up never hearing praise from my dad, so I know how harmful that can be to a child. And he’s a great kid, so it’s not too tough. :-)

But I know I can be too critical of my husband. And while he can be a goober in many ways, and makes me nuts at times, he is a good man and a terrific husband. The perfect husband in fact (for me at least!). Today is our anniversary, and one of my goals is to be a more grateful person.

I feel a deep, philosophical post coming on – another day. I can’t write them every day – I guess I don’t think that much!

No comments: