Then Bob Barker whispered, “Let’s Make a Deal.”
There is a fine line between structure and restriction. While I love structure, I hate the feeling that restrictions have been placed on me. Making dieting “rules” is an invitation for me to rebel – even if I was the one that made the rules!
I am so tired of life here in the low 150s. Really – it’s time to move on. I was driving down the road yesterday afternoon, and I had this utterly bizarre vision of Bob Barker whispering to me “Let’s make a deal.” Not a rule, a deal. It’s time to get this behind me, so I’m willing to deal. Until I get into the 140s (and I don’t care where), no beer. Not a rule – not a punishment – a deal. I will eat better (beer always tells me it would be tastier with nibbles), I will not be ingesting non-nutritive calories, I will get there a bit faster than at a snail’s pace.
This is tough for me. I’ve lost this weight by not giving up any food – just cutting back and exercising more. But I want results a little faster, and this is the price. So, I’m gonna make a deal. How long will it take to lose about 3 pounds? 10 days? 2 weeks? I dunno. But I want to see 140 on the scale more than an evening treat. Besides, that’s why god invented O’Doul’s. Yes, I fully realize this is a mental word game. I don’t care.
I love “iron therapy.” Last night at the gym was amazing. I am really liking my program. It changes every 2 weeks – so next week will be something new. Have I mentioned I love working my shoulders? I feel like Conan when I work shoulders. When it comes to muscles, bigger is better, especially on me. Great weight session, followed by 10 tough minutes on the elliptical. Only 10 minutes – but I had the resistance cranked and the sweat was pouring off. It felt amazing.
This morning I got up and ran 2 miles doing my speed intervals. While not yet fully loaded, I did use my new Rio iPod. The Apple didn’t work with our computer. I felt strong and happy.
Food yesterday was good. I stuck with my plan and I am feeling good about that. I know – for one whole day! But still, I plan to string several days together. ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hey Neca, what lifting plan are you doing? Is it one from the book you talked about a few entries back?
Good lord woman, you must tell me about this O'Douls experiment. I've never tried the stuff.
And by the way, did you ever try that African dance class?
Onward to the 140s!
Oh, hey, I scrolled down and got the title of that book that I'm assuming you're using. I really like the idea of changing the routine every two weeks. That would really help with boredom (at least for me). I think I'll go see if my library has that book. Thanks!
Yes, it's the "Body Sculpting Bible for Women" I mentioned - not perfect, but really good.
O'Doul's is good if its very cold, otherwise it's crap. It's my substitute "treat" - at 50 calories, it's not a bad deal.
Haven't done the dance class yet - gotta wait until the boy is out of tutoring. Then I'll have a little extra time. :-)
Good luck on the next milestone!
Onward to the 140s. I have been at a standstill for a couple months too, I am looking for a way to get off the 170 plateau after my marathon and reach my 155 goal weight. I am thinking more diversity with exercise is the key. Of course eating less my help too...
Post a Comment