Monday, May 30, 2005

A word about Food

Tarantula is a brand of tequila & mixer. The problem is this stuff tastes like a blue citrus slushie – no horrible bite to warn you. Just a yummy drink – right up until it hits you in the head. This is why I don’t drink hard alcohol – too easy to drink too much!

I had a very yummy breakfast this morning. I mixed 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, ½ packet of splenda, and 1 tsp chocolate syrup into ¾ cup organic plain yogurt. Then I added ½ cup raw oats. More calories than I normally consume for breakfast (350), but very good.

I made an excellent tamale casserole for lunch. Here is the recipe: http://theweekendchef.exit-23.net/index.php?s=tamale

The only change I made was to add some shredded chicken. At 300 calories, this tastes too good to be low in calories!

There appeared to be some tasty recipes in Chris Carmichael’s book. My problem is I have so many recipes I sometimes forget what I have! Maybe I should try “theme” weeks where I use a certain book (like Carmichael’s or Joyce Vedral) for the majority of my dinners. Maybe that would get me trying new stuff even more often.

The above mentioned web site has some great recipes – I highly recommend it.

I’m hungry!

No comments: