Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Is it Friday yet?

I am tired. I am sore. I slept 8.5 hours last night, and could have easily used another hour!

Needless to say, I did not get up and run this morning. I went to the gym yesterday afternoon, and weight lifting was mediocre at best – I was just so darn tired. Friday I am taking a 20 minute nap before I lift weights.

Food however is on target. Just to give you an idea, here’s what I had yesterday:

B: ground elk stir fry – lots of veggies and a bit of brown rice
S: French toast made with egg whites & protein powder
L: tamale casserole and a side salad
S: cottage cheese and mixed berries with walnuts
S: cup of lowfat chocolate milk after gym
D: broiled salmon, zucchini, and corn on the cob - fudgecicle
S: fake beer and a low carb tortilla with some lowfat shredded cheese (I was starving!)

The stir fry and tamale casseroles recipes are both properly balanced and portioned. The stir fry came from the BFL cookbook, and the tamale casserole I adapted to fit my needs. It’s made with polenta for the carb – yum!

I have a feeling of overall achiness (just a bit) and tiredness. Tonight is jiu-jitsu and muay thai. I’m loving this stuff, even if its wearing me out!

No comments: