Thursday, May 18, 2006

New reads and the week in review

Well, given that this is the week I typically retain some extra water, being up half a pound doesn't seem too bad.

A loss would have been nice, but not realistic:

- I let my "2 free meals" spill over into, 2 meals and 1 day.
- Exercise? Puhleeze! Not so much.

On the plus side:

- Monday when I had a couple of beers while watching a movie, I ate popcorn. In the bad old days that would have been an order of cheese dip!
- I did stop the "spill over" at 2 meals plus one day, instead of deciding I'd blown the week and staging a pig-out day after day.

Because I weighed a day early, I have an extra day in next week. I intend to use that day well! Instead of being discouraged, I know I’m basically doing the right things – I just need to do them a bit more often next week! :-O

-----------

One thing I’d like to do this weekend is move some of my regular reads into an “old” folder. While occasionally a blogger will take a hiatus of months and come back (Amy), all too frequently they just fall off the earth. Lee is posting more and more infrequently, Lexy abandoned her blog due to a “friend” who kept reading after being asked not to…. I check back, and I don’t want to delete the links, but some of my regular and favorite reads have gone away I'm afraid.

I think that’s normal, especially for a weight loss blog. Once you’ve either reached goal or quit trying to lose (for whatever reason), you may find your blog has either morphed into something entirely different, or that you no longer have anything to say.

My list of regular reads has grown a little thin. So…. Those of you reading this, who do you read? What are your favorite blogs to read and why? Feel free to send me the addy of your own blog! There are so many fantastic blogs out there – and I bet you folks know about some I don’t, so give em up!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

I need to weed through my blog list as well. My problem is I have way too many that I love reading and most of them are regular posters. If I miss a day or two sometimes I end up with a hundred posts to read....lol.

Its sad that having a life has to interfer with my favorite things like blogging...lol.