Thursday, March 01, 2007

Even if ketchup really is a vegetable, I didn’t have any

Yesterday was my son’s birthday, and I think he had a good day. I gotta say though, my eating was terrible! Not too much, just not very good choices. The only vegetables I ate all day were the peas in my Amy’s organic tv dinner that I had for lunch. And no fruit. Pitiful!

Last weekend was non-stop insanity. Work has been super busy, and after work has been busy as well. I did finish the treasurer’s report, but I haven’t made it to the gym at all. We were supposed to go help a friend run a team building for the youth ice hockey team he coaches, but I think I’m going to send the hub along without me. For one, I need to do the taxes, for two, I need a break.

It’s the first day of March. I have a feeling that when I get on the scale tomorrow I am going to realize that I have frittered away the past two months, no closer to my goal that I was. That makes me sad. I guess I’m feeling a little bit defeated right now. I’ve come so far, but I just can’t seem to make the final lap. But I can always start today. Maybe a run in tonight’s rain is what I need.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

....But you didn't gain anything back, right? So just focus on that. And from reading your blog, it seems like you rarely blow off your exercise. You have a lot to be proud of. Hang in there....

Jack said...

Focus on now and stop beating yourself up. The run in the rain is a good idea, it's good for the soul.

Linda said...

Hindsight! Too bad we can't have foresight instead.