Vacation Countdown: 5 days
I had a very nice weekend. I worked on the illumination piece I am doing for hub. I got it designed & drawn onto the piece of Bristol board (that took several hours). A friend came over & lent a hand (with advice), so that plus a morning haircut appointment was pretty much my Saturday. Sunday was grocery shopping, housework, and helping hub in the garage. He built some additional shelving so we put stuff away and sorted through some stuff.
There was a dark side to the weekend. The realization that I no longer have a single pair of capris that fit, practically no shorts, and only a couple of casual tops I feel comfortable in. That makes me miserable. Hub & I had a talk & he is committed to helping me, but let’s face it – no one can really help me but me. And while my eating wasn’t terrible this weekend, I managed to get in exactly no exercise. And I overslept this morning. So I’m not exactly off to an auspicious start. Sigh. I really need this vacation.
But I am in a bit of a dilemma; make do with what clothes I have and work very hard on losing weight, or buy at least a few things for spring until I lose weight?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good lord, I'm in exactly the same tight spot (no pun intended)...between sizes and on the upper end of a size I don't intend to hold onto for very long. I am thinking about hitting some consignment shops or even Salvation Army or something to pick up some inexpensive things that feel comfortable to get me through this phase.
For whatever it's worth, I found that when I have comfortable clothes, it's easier to increase my overall activity level. I can walk farther, take the stairs, and bend and stretch a bit. And somehow healthy eating is easier when I'm not thinking "ow ow ow" every time I bend my waist and have a too-tight waist band cut into me.
Post a Comment