Friday, October 17, 2014

A good day, and an interesting article

First of all, I'd like to share a really excellent article I read today: http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/16/health/dying-regret-body-hate/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

The article is written by a hospice chaplain to discusses the biggest regrets of the dying people she works with: body hate and body abuse. 

I wanted to share it because I wanted to remind me (and you) that your body is an amazing gift.  Yes, we should take care of it as best we can.  But don't be miserable over your frizzy bangs or freckles, or saggy boobs!  Rejoice in everything it can do, and celebrate all the wonderful new things it is able to do as your fitness and health improve!

Work was good.  I came home and laid down a few minutes, then I ate a yummy dinner (a cabbage casserole and sliced tomatoes).  I went for a walk in the park with my mom, hit the gym for a short workout on the elliptical.  Now I am off to shower and pack.

I am headed out early for Ocean Isle and the oyster festival!  Hanging with a good friend and my son - perfect weather, fresh oysters, Carolina beach music.  Nothing could be better!

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Gwen said...

a great reminder, Neca! Thanks for sharing!

PlumPetals said...

Absolutely -- it's such a blessing!
Have fun at the oyster festival :)