Tuesday, October 21, 2014

This is my life now

Whenever things change, it can be tough to find your new "normal."  For years I was a morning exerciser, but now that most of my commute takes place on the interstate, it's much easier if I go to work early.  I try to get there at 7 (or a little after).  That leaves me plenty of time to exercise in the evening, but not much tim ein the morning! For years I was a morning exerciser, so I never thought this would work for me, but it's great!  I really enjoy the things I'm doing now at the Y.

Food is the same.  I've got a good balance between one or two indulgence meals - not going off the rails, but eating something I wouldn't make at home, but staying on track. Sure I could lose weight more quickly, but the way I am eating now feels like how I want to eat for the rest of my life.

The way I eat and exercise has become my new "normal".  Like a lot of people say, I'm not on a "diet" - I've found a way to live my life that is sustainable and will get me to a healthy weight.

Yesterday was water aerobics.  Tonight is weight training and the elliptical.  I thought about trying to get to yoga beforehand, but I took a short nap when I got home and now I'm on the computer. :-)

This weekend my friend Kay and I went to Wilmington, picked up my son, and headed to the oyster festival.  On the way down we stopped in a most unusual junk shop!  We picked up fresh shrimp, caught hours before off the dock where we bought them.

Dinner was mostly oysters, although the 3 of us shared a bowl of shrimp soup.  We also ordered an entree.  We all took a couple of bites and sent the rest home with the boy for leftovers.  It was good, but we were full of oysters! :-)

Sunday morning found us watching the sun over the river as I cooked homemade shrimp and grits with those shrimp we shelled.  It was a wonderful meal, a wonderful visit with my son, and a great time with my friend.  The weather was so perfect.  I am really dreading winter.  Ugh!

Okay, I'm getting ready to head out to work out.  Have a good evening!


No comments: