Lucky Number 7
Well, Lance has officially announced he'll ride in the Tour de France this year. Very cool. I saw the finish when I was in Paris back in.... 1991? I wasn't into cycling then, it was literally a coincidence that I was in Paris that weekend at all. I am currently reading his first biography "It's Not About the Bike" - I read the second last year. I'm not surprised he came to the NC mountains to get his mojo back. They are pretty special.
Down 1.5 pounds this week. I'm not exactly feeling my mojo, but I'm doing okay. Lifted yesterday - supersets of bis & tris:
paramont machine:
bi: 5/10 x 3
tri: 7.5/10 x 3
db curl (with twist): 15/12 20/10 25/8
tri overhead press: 30/12 35/10 40/8
dips between benches: 25/10 30/10 35/10
21s: 15 lb
I also did my 30 minute walk, a 1 mile run (my walkman batteries died!), and walked the dogs with the hubster. So a pretty active day.
Today I came into work early so I can leave early (flexing your time rocks). Besides the fact that I am way more productive early in the morning, it means more time tonight. I want to do back & chest plus HIIT, then get home to do some tidying up around the house. Not a thorough cleaning, but a start so hubby won't have so much housework tomorrow.
We are heading to the Golden Corral buffet tonight so I don't have to cook. Also on today's agenda is planning the menu for the weekend, and also for next week. Want to make sure I keep plenty of filling veggies in there so I can keep going.
Next weekend is my son's various birthday activities. It's also the weekend I begin to get a shorter "recovery run" between adding mileage. Only 6 miles! Woo hoo! Piece of cake :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Neca,
I've been wanting to read Lance's book, too. I'd be curious to know what you think of it.
Thanks for the comments you left for me! They are always appreciated.
I couldn't find an email address for you, so I'm going to give you the recipe you requested here (it's actually an appetizer recipe, but I ate it for dinner):
Mango Spiced Ribs
3 lbs beef short ribs
1 cup mango chutney
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbs curry powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
Brown short ribs in large skillet, pour off excess fat. Combine remaining ingredients in bowl and rub this mixture over ribs. Place ribs in slow cooker (3-4 quart size). Cover and cook on low 6-8 hrs, or on high for 3-4 hours. Recipe can be doubled for 5, 6 or 7 quart cooker.
Post a Comment