Friday, May 21, 2004

An Exercise in Futility

I am soooo frustrated! I did a good job with both eating and exercise this week, for another 0.5 pound loss. That’s two weeks in a row! WTF!?!?!

Yesterday’s Food:
B: smoothie
S: soy chips
L: side salad & a California roll
S: half a payday and an orange
D: sautéed chicken breast, some dressing, and sautéed squash

Exercise:
3 mile run in am, Weights (legs) in pm, followed by a short swim

The chicken breast was so yummy! I was starved when I got home from the gym, so I nuked it for one minute to thaw a little, then put it in a pan with a little evoo (extra virgin olive oil), some onions & garlic, and a bit of white wine. When it was done I put jalepenos, salsa, and a tiny bit of grated cheddar on top. It was awesome!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I know how frustrating it is, but a half pound loss is really good progress!! Seriously, I know it sounds like a load of crap, and I always think that too initially when I see a half pound loss, but it really is good. Slow but steady.... that's what'll get you to goal. Keep your chin up, girl!

BTW, that chicken does sound good. :)

neca said...

Thanks for the words - I know its progress. And on the advice of my trainer, I am going to have my thyroid checked - just in case.