How Training for a Marathon is like “I Love Lucy” in the Chocolate Factory
You remember that episode? Lucy and Ethel get jobs in the candy factory (I can’t remember doing what). At first they’re doing okay, but then the conveyor belt starts to speed up and pretty soon Lucy is shoveling the candy into her mouth to make it go away. It’s a great site gag and we can all relate to her obvious sense of being overwhelmed. Marathon training reminds me a little of that – a couple of short runs a week, and then one long run that increases every week. Looking at that calendar makes me feel a little like Lucy. Me? Running 10 miles by the end of this month? I’ve haven’t done that kind of distance in over a decade. It’s a little scary at times, but exciting too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment