Summertime
Many people make New Year’s resolutions. Not me. Its winter people! Its cold outside! That’s no time to commit to exercise & eating healthier. Its time to eat a hearty bowl of lentil soup in front of the tv.
No, I make summer resolutions. Not the “look good in a bikini” kind. Summer is my time to try new exercise, spend more time outside, shop at the farmer’s market and eat more vegetables.
Besides continuing my marathon training, this summer I have 2 plans: 1) to increase my weight training program. Once the kiddo is out of school and spending more time at “grandma & grandpa daycare”, it means I can start lifting 3 days a week instead of 2. I’ve talked to Sonja and we are going to train 2 days a week, then lift as partners once per week. Then in the fall I’ll drop back to 2 days a week, but just consult with her once a month on my upper body program. Gotta wean myself off the personal trainer!
2) Healthier dinners. Our meals are a darn site better than what most people in this country eat simply because I actually cook a meal every night. But I want to make them better. More grilling out and more veggies are easy this time of year. Turkey burgers are yummy and marinated chicken is a piece of cake. Tomato pie is really good, although the tomatoes aren’t in yet. But fresh corn is – and the zucchini & squash are looking good. And right now greens are plentiful – the tender young kind. Perfect for sautéing with some garlic in a little evoo (extra virgin olive oil). I am hitting the farmer’s market this weekend and getting some. My husband thinks he doesn’t like greens. He’s about to learn. (Insert evil gin here).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment