Still Keeping On
Well, I’m still here, still plugging away. I went to a terrific wedding this weekend and had a great time. I figure I consumed roughly 1500 calories in beer alone, but I can’t undo it. I did well with eating food though (grin), and got up and ran my 8 miles on Saturday morning.
I had two cheat meals (eaten on the road) - I didn’t eat a lot of food, but pretty void nutrition-wise. But I was back at it Monday, lifting weights and eating healthier foods.
After talking to my trainer, as well as a friend, I made an appointment to have my thyroid checked. I have no idea if there is an issue or not – I know my aunt had thyroid troubles. But I figure that for the $25 co-pay, I can know for sure and get treatment if I need it. I do have some other symptoms besides incredibly slow weight loss. The only down side was I couldn’t get in until July 1 for blood work and July 7 for an appointment, so it’ll be a while before I know anything. Still, it’ll be nice to know for sure.
Heather (see link on side) wrote about that magic “thing” that successful losers have, and how she doesn’t have it right now but wishes she did. Its funny – I don’t think I have that “thing” either. This isn’t easy. I ate lunch a little while ago and I could easily go upstairs and get something else, even though I’m not truly hungry. This hasn’t clicked for me.
What it comes down to is that I feel good when I exercise and eat good foods. Its very frustrating that I don’t look like the fit person I feel like. You would think someone training for a damn marathon wouldn’t be a chub! Its very discouraging to hear people write about being able to wear 8s, or just fitting into smaller sizes when I seem to be trapped in my size 14 pants. But the alternative is too unpleasant to think about, so I just keep going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment