Friday, May 28, 2004

The Whole Enchilada

I actually lost a whole entire pound! In only one week! Amazing, huh?

Yes, I am happy I guess. Well, mostly I’m just frustrated. I’m tired of being overweight. I did at least lose, right? So why do I feel so grouchy?

I’m writing it off to PMS.

Great dinner last night, BTW. I made chicken kebabs, roasted sweet potatoes, and “tomato bake” – where I layer sliced fresh tomato with chopped fresh basil, and top it with a mixture of mayo and shredded cheese. It sounds decadent, but its not a whole lot of topping, so if you use lowfat its not bad at all, calorie wise.

This weekend is a 9 mile run, plus a bunch of running around I really don’t want to do. Ugh.

Don't mind me, I'm just being an ungrateful wretch.

1 comment:

neca said...

Thanks for the encouraging words Rebecca. For me, patience is a virtue I do not possess! And I've been at this a long time now (over 2 years!). I've learned a lot of great stuff along the way, but its been a much longer journey than I ever expected!

I would encourage you to learn to cook - just some simple things. Check out the recipes on foodnetwork.com for the show "30 Minute Meals" - fast and pretty healthy. Preparing home cooked meals has been one of the key elemts to the success I've had so far. And you may even learn to like it if its not too overwhelming!

Good luck :-)