Thursday, May 02, 2013

Afternoon snack, and dinner

For snack I had the same thing as yesterday, so I used the same picture:


1 cup of grapes and a half ounce of walnuts (and a diet pepsi - must stop 2nd diet pepsi, because honestly its a glass of chemicals). 188 calories.

And dinner:


Sorry for the blurry picture - I didn't realize it until after I had eaten! Dinner was homemade cod chowder (cod was on sale), roasted green beans, and sliced strawberries.  And unsweet tea.

Chowder can be high cal, but I have a couple of strategies: leave out the butter, half the liquids (hub likes it thick anyway) and use almond milk.

This weekend I will break out the camera and try to take some pictures that make my food look appetizing!

I can't remember if I posted it, here is a random pic from vacation last month.



That was at the first hotel where we stayed in Key Largo.  It was early morning and we were headed out for our scuba trip.  I can't believe we live 90 minutes from Key Largo, and don't get there more often!  Priorities!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I came over from Allan's blog and wanted to say way to go on the food/photo challenge. Your cod chowder looks yummy.

Hope you have a great day!