Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Monday and the rest of Sunday

So, Sunday...  I put the pepper steak on late and it wasn't ready, so we reverted to Plan B: nachos.  I baked a couple of tortillas, pulled out some sauteed ground beef from the freezer, made guacomole.  I also heated up some beans and hub bought fresh salsa.  It was very good.

Then I drank 2 beers.  Yes, they were good.  But I don't know if they were worth the calories.

Breakfast today: the greek meatloaf, and bunch of sliced cucumbers, and some greek yogurt with dill.

The usual prunes and coffee.


The usual lunch:


Afternoon snack was a bran cracker and a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese.  When I was a little girl, my grandma used to buy the little cubes of Laughing Cow as a special treat when I would come visit.  A cube was maybe 1/3 of a wedge.  They don't make those any more, but Laughing Cow always reminds me of my grandma.  I don't buy them often, I don't eat much cheese, but they are a nice change on a cracker now and again.

Dinner was the peppersteak (steak, peppers, onion, tomatoes, and spices in the crockpot - easy and good) with 1/2 cup quinoa and brussel sprouts.


Then I ate a Fudgecicle.

We are watching "The Big Year" - if you haven't seen it its really cute.  I admit the concept (guys bird watching) didn't appeal, but they showed it on the boat down in the Keys and we enjoyed it, but we couldn't hear it.  So we are watching it tonight.

Have a good evening!

1 comment:

Mrs Swan said...

When I first discovered WL blogs (especially WW ones) I would see people talking about the laughing cow cheeses and I was so baffled. They were saying it was creamy and yada yada. The only laughing cow cheese I knew was the little babybel wheels in the red wax cover. It took me like a year to realize they meant those little wedges that are not in the refrigerated section of the grocery stores. LOL