Saturday, May 04, 2013

Saturday so far

This morning I got up at 6:30 and finished prepping my grocery list.


Then I made myself breakfast: 2 eggs over 2 oz leftover seasoned ground turkey, guacamole also leftover from last night (I estimated 1/4 of an avocado), salsa, and a glass of diet pepsi.


After that I got dressed, grabbed my prunes and coffee, and hit the road.


I don't know how other people shop, but I am a cherry picker: I buy certain things at certain stores, dues to sales, prices, or preference. That means I hit Penn-Dutch (a local store) for meats and vegetables, W-M for non food and certain items they tend to be low priced on.  I came home and dropped groceries and went back out to Costco for gas and other items I buy there (I don't go every week, probably every other week), and then to Aldi for a couple of items (they are on the way home).  I again went home then ran back out to the post office to mail Mother's day packages to my mom, MIL, and great aunt, and lastly to the bank to make a deposit.  Whew!  I don't plan to leave the house again today!

Then lunch: a salad of 1/2 huge cucumber, a large tomato, 5 ounces rotisserie chicken, and a couple of tablespoons salad dressing. And unsweet tea.  I don't put any sweetener in my tea - I like it plain.

 

After that we got in the pool for a bit, then I grabbed a shower and a short nap.  I woke up and had a bran crispbread at 3 for an afternoon snack:



I also had a cup of coffee (with almond milk).

According to sparkpeople, that's right at 780 calories so far for the day.

I eat a lot of salads, but honestly I can't stand store bought salad dressing: I don't like the taste, value, or ingredient list.  I use other things as dressing (hot sauce, avocado, hummus, salsa), or I make my own.  It doesn't take very long, I can use things like greek yogurt, tomato sauce, and almond milk as they base so the calorie value is better, not to mention it lacks the sugar and other indecipherable ingredients.  It lasts a week in the fridge.  I have a lot of recipes so I can make a variety.  My husband eats basically the same way I do and it keeps him from getting bored as well.

This photo challenge has been interesting.  Besides the fact that its got me posting again regularly, its forcing me to stop and consider before I eat something.  Do I really want something enough to get up, take a photo, and post it before I eat?  Also, hub has been getting home later so we are eating dinner later this week, so I haven't been hungry or bored enough for the answer to be yes.

No comments: