Saturday, May 11, 2013

Saturday so far, and exercise

The dogs woke me up at 6:30, demanding breakfast.  Got up, fed them, then fed myself.  I didn't feel like fixing anything, so I had leftovers: 4 oz baked catfish and roasted broccoli.


The I headed out to do the grocery shopping.  When I got home, I had my cup of coffee with almond milk and 2 prunes.


After that I loaded my food into sparkpeople for the day and did a few things.  Finally I got off my butt, had a bran cracker with 1 ounce of chicken salad, and headed to the gym


After I got home from the gym I got in the pool for a while, grabbed a shower, and then fixed lunch: my usual salad of grilled chicken thigh, cuke, 4 small tomatoes, and homemade ranch.  I had a can of sparkling water to go with it.


I know I mention it sometimes, but I don't track my exercise here.  I do that in sparkpeople, which is where I also track my food.

I have a sedentary desk job, so I set a goal for myself of 360 minutes of activity per week.  My goal is 3 elliptical sessions, 3 sessions of kettlebell swings, and 3 weight training sessions (for that I am currently using "The New Rules of Lifting for Women", which contains 6 months worth of progressive workouts).  The remainder of the minutes are walking, yoga, swimming, riding my mountain bike, etc.

Sadly, this house won't clean itself so I'm signing off!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

yummy!

i love prunes :)

http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

Mrs Swan said...

Could you share your homemade ranch recipe please? I am still trying to find the elusive one that I will fall in love with and shun all processed ones. :)