I haven't had anything so far today, but I did sit down and put everything I plan to eat into sparkpeople. For lunch today we are going to Sunrise Pita Grill - an awesome kosher restaurant. If you are ever in Ft. Lauderdale, I highly recommend it.
IMO, eating out can be a challenge if you are counting calories (or anything else) at a place like this. It's not a chain, they have no nutritional data available, so I'm making the best estimates I can. I know we are having chicken schwarma and it tastes like it has a fair amount of fat. I looked it up and I'm estimating 400 calories for a small portion. I know I will have a couple tablespoons of hummus, and I estimated that as 80 calories (I used Hannah restaurant style as a proxy - it has a lot of tahini). Other than that I will be eating various marinated vegetables, so maybe an extra hundred? I'm eating lighter the rest of the day so I can keep my calories below 1500 (my personal limit).
We are ordering a platter and splitting it. Last time we did that we still ended up with leftovers! Seriously, the platter is pretty big and neither of us eat epic portions (anymore).
We have a rule that we don't eat out more than once per week. When we do eat out, we like it to be someplace special. So we frequently choose places like this - not a chain, the food is made fresh in the store, and you aren't going to find it just anywhere.
Yesterday we got a notice in the mail that our house insurance won't be renewed unless we either get a new roof (around $10,000) or get a roofer to certify it has at least 3 more years of useful life. Ah, the joys of liing in a hurricane zone. Given that we are looking to move very soon, I can't see the exppense of a new roof, so calling a roofer is now added to my list of crap I have to look forward to Monday. Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment