Sunday, May 05, 2013

Sunday food so far

Got up, had coffee and prunes, took the dogs for a walk.


After we got home I made breakfast: 2 eggs with salsa and a slice of tomato, half a graperfuit, a cup of steel cut oats with cinnamon and vanilla, 2 sliced of bacon, and diet pepsi.  If I weren't doing this, that would have been 3 slices of bacon.



After that I did the week's food prep while hub mowed the grass.  I picked the rest of the rotisserie chicken.  If I weren't doing this, I would have simply made it into chicken salad and snacked on it over the next few days.  Today I weighed the chicken, figured up the calories of the batch, weighed it and calculated calories per ounce (43) and when I do eat some I will weigh it so I know the calories.  (I added celery and onion so by weight it now has fewer calories per ounce than just the chicken.)

Sometimes I was eating hunealthy things, but a lot of it was that I had gotten a little too fast & loose with guestimating what I was eating.  So this have been very helpful to me!

After we finished our work, we ran a couple of errnads and went out to lunch.



This is a picture of the shawarm platter I shared with my husband (the diet coke is his).  I ate just under half the shawarma, 2 smal bites of the hummus, and half the salads - chopped cuke and tomato, eggplant, onion relish, red cabbage, and a shredded green cabbage.  The platter comes with 2 fresh pitas, we did get one, which my husband ate.  I had a bottle of water.

Taking care of a few things at the house and then we are off to the gym.

1 comment:

PlumPetals said...

That breakfast looks so filling and nourishing!